26 September 2013

Microdrama

The Task:
We were told to make a microdrama so that we could learn about final cut pro and the main narrative theories used in film making. The microdrama is the result of this.

About:
My microdrama, the red shoe, involves the main story narratives. It is about someone being kidnapped and their friend coming to find them.

It can be watched here:


Analysis:

My microdrama uses all eight of propp's recurring character archetypes. We used narrative enigma for the villan, they can be seen towards the end, being hit with the shoe.

I also used Todorov's model of narrative structure I started with equilibrium, the couple walking together and being generally happy, the disruption was the kidnapping of on of the couple. the recognition was when I walked back and found that amber was missing, the attempt to repair the disequilibrium was when I attacked the villan, this resulted in the equilibrium being reinstated with the couple being back together.


If I were to have enough resources and time in which to create my microdrama I would have done a lot of things differently.

I think that I would have redone a few of my shots, particularly the one in which poppy looked around the corner, I would also have taken the tie to reshoot the screen of the ipad or even superimposed the correct image upon the screen. I would also have taken the time to write a proper script and create a proper storyboard, this would mean that I would have a clearer understanding of the plan for my video and so I could create it in a more effcient manner.

I think that, while my microdrama was good, it could have been better and , if I had all the resources that I have listed and done all the things that I have also listed, my micrpdrama would be much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment